Now that you have selected and reserved a date for a sport fishing charter on Lake Erie, let me try to help you with some vital information to make your trip more enjoyable.
WHAT TO BRING
1) CAMERA - I will be taking pictures on the boat as well, but at times I may not develop them for a week or two. So I would suggest bringing your own camera along. I will be more than happy to help you in taking pictures of you, your friends/family with your days catch.
2) JACKETS/RAINGEAR - As with any trip that you may take it is always necessary to check the weather and the forecast for the day of your sport fishing charter. Our boats are equipped with an enclosed cabin so whether it is hot or cold or the occasional windy rainy day on the lake we will do our best to keep you comfortable to help you enjoy your outing.
3) NON–SLIP SHOES - NO BLACK SOLES PLEASE! Our boats are outfittedwith special slip resistant flooring that helps you to keep you footing while you are aboard the boat. It is generally agreed upon by most people that tennis/running shoes and most deck shoes with a soft rubber sole is the ideal footwear.
4) LUNCH & DRINKS - Most early morning trips I have coffee available and sometimes even donuts and/or sweet rolls. But just in case it is advisable to bring your own food and drink. Space is available for your cooler. (Lunches may be ordered for your fishing day see below)
5) COOLER - (for transporting fish home) It is not necessary to bring alarge cooler for your fish aboard. I have adequate space to store your catch and keep them in ice. Fish cleaning is available at the marina. (See Fish Cleaning page for information on fish cleaning.)
6) LICENSES - If you already have an Ohio fishing license please bring it. If not you may purchase your license at our marina office or online by clicking on our link for Fishing License
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call. We view our fishing trips as your vacation. Be it family, friends or business outing our goal is to assist you while you relax, catch fish, have fun and enjoy your stay in the Port Clinton area and on Lake Erie.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
1) BLACK-SOLED SHOES IN GENERAL
2) SANDALS, OPEN-TOED SHOES
3) HUNTING BOOTS OR WESTERN BOOTS
4) COOLERS ON WHEELS
5) GLASS BOTTLES - Please choose drinks in can or plastic containers for onboard beverages.
6) DO NOT OVERPACK! We provide most everything you need to enjoy your day fishing on Lake Erie.
WALLEYE - YELLOW PERCH - SMALLMOUTH BASS - STEELHEAD
LUNCHES FOR YOUR FISHING DAY
We recommend that you also check out the following pages for more information about fishing with us on Lake Erie: